Sunday, March 18, 2012



I recently had the pleasure of going to the Ritz Diner for dinner with Allie Bloom. After a long weekend, going out with a friend to talk at one of my favorite places is very relaxing. What I love the most about the Ritz Diner is the atmosphere. The colors are very mismatched, but that adds character to the diner. Also, I always feel welcomed there every time I walk in. Its always crowded, but the wait is never too long. I always see babies, young people, parents and grandparents enjoying their meals in a place that feels like home. I highly suggest taking a trip if you have never been to the Ritz Diner to experience a true New Jersey Diner.
The first picture I took was of the menu. I have to say, the menu at the Ritz Diner is slightly overwhelming. There are so many things to choose from, which can make the experience overwhelming. However, I usually just stick to the classic and well known marion salad which Allie is so happily eating. There are always those times where I just need to order oreo pancakes or something from their delicious bakery but the marion salad never steers me wrong. The other picture is of the front desk. All the women or men who work behind the front desk know everything there is to know about the diner. Also, behind the front desk, there is a huge picture of Guy Fieri from the show "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" that is signed from his visit to the diner. There are so many other great things about the diner that are not shown...a better reason for all of you to go and experience it for yourselves!

12 comments:

  1. I loved going to the Ritz Diner with you Julie. I've been there a lot and have ordered many different things but I would have to say my favorite meal there is the marion salad. I plan on going there many more times in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another diner that I have never been to. I actually almost never go to diners, which is really strange because their food is usually really well priced and very good. Maybe I should go more often.
    I've noticed that with the diners that I have been to, there are many consistencies that are shared. These include large laminated menus with an overwhelming amount of options, relatively large portions of food, and tall clear or tan colored glasses (like the one in the photo on the right). It also seems that there is always a certain type of silverware, glasses, and plates that are used by all diners (like there is a standard of some sort).
    I also see the counter with many stools on one side of the diner, and a row of booths on the other side, which is consistent with the typical diner layout that is designed for efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt this is my favorite diner. Ever since I can remember I have been going to this diner with friends and family. I always think of going there as a treat because no matter what i order, I know that it will be amazing. Although the Ritz is famous for its apple pie, I think that their burgers are the best things on the menu, along with their chocolate babkas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ritz Diner is a classic. I always go there with my family for dinner or breakfast. Regardless of when we go, I'm always tempted to get chocolate chip pancakes because they're amazing there. I definitely do recommend the Ritz to people who haven't heard of it because it is hands down the best diner around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next time you go you should take a break from the marion salad and get the oreo pancakes there unreal! I agree completely the ritz diner is a very welcoming place and the overwhelming menu provides an array of options fulfilling mostly any of your cravings. The ritz is a kid friendly environment so groups of friends can go for meals or families can go there to spend time together. I strongly suggest everyone try it and try the challah while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been to the Ritz diner, but it seems like I'll have to try it. I'm not a big fan of breakfast so I don't know if I would like the oreo pancakes, but with the big menu I'm sure I'd find something good on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Ritz diner has to be one of my favorite diners! Every time I go to the Ritz I always get Matzah Ball Soup! I agree with Maggie there oreo pancakes are to die for! The Ritz diner is a place where everyone comes to meet. It is a well known diner. Im happy someone paid tributes to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allie's face says it all. The Ritz diner is a place where everyone can find their perfect meal. I have to agree with Maggie and say that everyone should try the Oreo pancakes, they are amazing! I used to go t the Ritz diner every Wednesday with my mom and some family friends since our day camp was right next door. The Ritz diner is a classic example of a New Jersey diner with excellent food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been to the Ritz diner since I was little. I always get pancakes when I go to a diner for breakfast. After mentioning the Oreo pancakes I have to go there to try them out. By looking at the size of the menu i'm sure there is plenty of other food that I should try. I plan to stop by the Ritz diner sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no idea where this place is! It looks really cool and I'm a huge fan of places that have mismatched interiors. Personally, I feel places like these make most New Jerseyans feel at home. We are a culture of the here and there, and the when and where and diners like these unify our culture. They bring everyone from all different walks of life into a place where we share the same joys. This is exactly why I want to visit the Ritz! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like everyone else has said diners, including the Ritz, are the place to go when you are looking for a good meal. There are always so many options to choose from on the menu no mater what diner you go to. Everyone is always in a great mood wether you're working there or catching up with some friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ritz is definitely a classic Jersey Diner. I think it's kind of a step up from Broadway. I haven't had the pleasure of going in a pretty long time, but this post makes me want to go with a few of my friends some time soon.

    ReplyDelete