Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Jersey Gardens



I went to the Jersey Gardens at Elizabeth with my family this weekend. The place is huge (probably need 24 hours for everything). I heard that the Jersey Gardens is New Jersey's largest outlet mall with over 200 stores under one roof. There were tons of people in the food court, and many groups of teenagers walking around the mall. Compare to the Short Hills mall, there were a lot of Latins, African-Americans, and foreigners at the mall. What once was the perfect mall, filled with cheap items and always empty rocking chairs, has now turned touristy. The mall is located approximately seven minutes from Newark International Airport. Thus, I saw some shuttles from Newark airport that bring groups of tourists to the mall. If you have a chance to visit the Jersey Gardens, don't expect international names like Coach, Burberry, Gucci, etc but if your priority is to get good deals with relatively big names like Brooks Brothers, Levi's, Gap, etc, you will enjoy yourself.

5 comments:

  1. This mall definitely has a markedly different environment compared to the Short Hills mall (it is also very different from the Livingston mall). I think it is the mall's location in relation to the airport that makes it such a busy mall and why it became a bit of a tourist attraction. This also accounts for the diversity of the mall patrons. Even though the mall is often very crowded I still love going to this mall. It's actually my favorite mall because of how many stores are there. It definitely offers a lot of variety and is a great place to go if you want to waste time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mall is definitely more similar to the Livingston Mall rather than the Short Hills Mall. I feel like the store relationship, though, is somewhere in between the Livingston and Short Hills Malls. I have been to the Jersey Gardens I think twice, and I remember not having enough time to shop in all the stores I wanted to. Definitely an overwhelming experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone watched the news last night they reported about a holdup that took place in the malls parking lot. A man that has just recently come out of jail and was on parole stopped a mother and her two children and ordered them to get out of the car. The man was armed and was using his gun to forcibly remove the family from the BMW. Trying to get away the women quickly put her car in reverse and saved herself and her two children. The man fired at them while they were trying to get away. Later, police arrested the man and said that he may have ties with the Bloods in nearby Newark. scary isn't it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This from what you are describing is definitely my type of mall. I will have to make the trip out there soon. After what Sam said I don't know if I am though because that sounds very scary. However, with its huge size and convenience I may have to go with some of my friends before college to get some clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only been to this mall a few times. However, every time I go is an experience. It is so big it takes a long time to get through the whole thing. It's worth going too. You can find some good bargains on clothing and great stores.

    ReplyDelete