Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Livingston Mall


I recently went to the Livingston Mall with my mom to buy a new dryer at Sears. As I was there, I realized that I had stumbled upon a typical New Jersey mall. It fits into the demographic that it is located in; not as high end as the Short Hills Mall, but it still has some nice stores. People go to the Livingston Mall to shop, eat, and sometimes just walk around. I personally do not go there all the time, but when I do, I usually find something that I have to buy. Driving around the outside of the mall, I could tell that it is trying to be restored. I do not have a picture of this, but for those of you who have been, Barnes and Noble was recently added to the mall, and it is a beautiful bookstore. However, other anchor store like Lord and Taylor and Modelle's look like they could use a little renovation . The picture of the "Livingston Mall" sign has been there forever, and I think it adds character to the mall. The picture of the racks of clothing is in Lord and Taylor. Lord and Taylor has racks and racks of clothing that it can be overwhelming especially when there is a sale. The final picture is a view from the second floor looking down at the first floor. It wasn't a very crowded day, but the mall is usually filled with shoppers. The stands in the middle of the mall try to make you buy things that you don't really need. I think the Livingston Mall is a great place to go when you need a little retail therapy or some fast food and don't feel pressured to buy anything expensive. Although, sometimes shopping gets the best of us and buying just one thing turns into buying a whole store.

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love the Livingston Mall, with the dollar store and Spencers, kids our age can get everything they need for the weekend. And while you're there stocking up for some themed party, you can stop at the food court and eat pretty much anything you want, the Livingston food court has everything from Burger King to Master Wok. This mall is also a good change up from Short Hills, it's cheaper and a change of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Nick, what kinds of things do you do on the weekends (Bunnyland and Spencers)? Just kidding, but yes as Nick just said the Livingston mall is another great place that we are lucky to have so close to us. It is very different from the Short Hills mall, but it is a great change of scenery. I too, happen to love all the food at the Livingston mall, my favorite is Mrs. Fields, by far. This being said, thanks again Drew for that amazing cookie cake, soo good. We are lucky to live in area where we have access to so many different places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Livingston mall is definitely a great place to go for some retail therapy or a quick bite to eat! The food court has something for everyone to enjoy and the array of stores also satisfies everyone. However, I agree with julie in the need for some renovations. If they let it continue to deteriorate it will have a negative effect on the success of the stores. The new barnes and noble has been very successful and beneficial to the mall. The kiosks in the center of the mall are a representation of the crowed the mall attracts it is very different from the short hills mall. The types of stores at the mall are also a determinant in the crowed that shops at the mall. Living close to both malls provides the people with an opportunity to have easy access to a wide variety of goods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Livingston Mall is a place to go when you're bored, hungry, or looking for cheap gifts. I know that I probably only go there once or twice a month or so, but when I do go there, I walk the full mall just to see if I need something from any of the stores. I also agree with Julie that this mall could use some renovations. The Short Hills Mall, compared to the Livingston Mall, is kept in much better conditions inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I have commented before, the Livingston Mall s a great environment. There is no pressure to buy expensive things only a relaxed atmosphere. I want to go now this weekend to the mall to buy some clothes.

    ReplyDelete